Monday 11 January 2016

The Weekend Recap #1


The Weekend Recap

It's January. The blogging juices should be flowing. I should be inspired to write all kinds of new year, new me, blah, blah blah. But, I'm not. I'm drawing a blank. I know I'm not alone in this, right?? In a hope to inspire myself and others to get back blogging, I'm starting a link up, The Weekend Recap. 

My blog is a life/family journal as well as a place to share my creative projects and whatever else takes my fancy. So I'm going to share a recap of the fun and boring thing that we get up to. It will be a keepsake for me to look back on. It will give me something to write about at least one day a week and hopefully the juices will start flowing. And the best part is, you can all join in too. 

Saturday
We had an early start on Saturday. We were heading to Newcastle West to take part in the Operation Transformation 5k walk to support Claire. She is one of the leaders this year and is a local lady. The morning was freezing but dry and the excitement was high. Jasmin has been bugging me with ages to do a 5k so off we went. There were huge number there, not sure how many yet, despite the cold weather. There was tv cameras and people from the tele (as Jasmin put it) getting footage for the show. We did the 5k in just over an hour. Slow, I know.But the crowds made the going slow. We met a friend and her kids there and it made the day even better to have someone to share it with. We're already looking forward to the next one. 


Sunday
Sunday was another busy day of activity. We went to follow our friends who were taking part in a local drag hunt. One of the members is collecting for the Hope foundation so we went to support a great cause. The sun shone all day again even if it was freezing. We spent the day with the kids and there cousins. They had a ball running through the fields and eating the picnic I brought. Daddy had to carry Paddy for some of it. Short legs aren't the best in high grass. It was a lovely day spent with family. We came home a little bit of every field we went into but also came home with great memories. 


And that my friends was our very busy weekend. The kids were exhausted after all the fun and fresh air. I'm looking forward to lots more dry days so we can get out and have some more family fun. 

Now, it's your turn. Link up your posts below. Have a look around at the other bloggers and leave a comment if you like anything that you see. You might even find somewhere new to explore.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...