Monday 24 August 2015

The Weekend Recap


This weather this weekend wasn't the greatest but we made the most of what sunshine we got. It's the last weekend before school starts back. My little guy is starting Thursday so I wanted to do some fun , family centered things with them.

Saturday

We spent the weekend checking on our garden. We tried our hand at growing our own pumpkins this year. It's our first time so I wasn't sure how it would go. To our surprise, they are really easy to grow and we have one pretty decent size one. The kids love checking it every day. It needs some straw bedding to support it now. And we have even more sunflowers now too. I'm slightly obsessed with them at this stage.


We spent some time with the ponies and got a takeaway and ate it off out laps like a picnic. Then came home and put on a big fire. We settled down to watch some movies and pig out. Pitch Perfect was watched yet again. I think were up to the 10th viewing and Miss J still loves it. 


Sunday

We started Sunday off with a lie in for me which hasn't happened in a very long time. It felt amazing not to have to get up. I felt so rested. Then we had a family walk with a big of a scavenger hunt thrown in. We wanted to get some blackberries but it still a little early so we collected some conkers and autumn leaves. It was lovely. The rain held off just long enough. Hot chocolate was requested so that's what we had.


After our walk, we came home and the kids played and watched movie while I finished covering school books. Exciting stuff there!! We finished our Sunday with a little pig racing at a local village festival. The kids thought it was gas. I thought they'd be faster. It was still a fun evening and that's all that mattered. I totally want a pig now. They are so cute!


Hope you guys had a great weekend with your families.
Did yo do anything fun? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...