Tuesday 4 August 2015

Fake away Shredded Crispy Chicken {recipe}


I love my Chinese but too much of it not very good for my waist line. So I went on a search for a version of my favourite that was healthier for me and my family and something that I can cook at home. I came across this one a unislim website a while back but can't remember where. Thankfully I wrote it down and I sharing it with all you lovely people. 

Note: The oven chips take a a bit longer than the chicken so stick these on before you start prepping the rest of the ingredients.



Ingredients (serves 2)

2 Chicken Breasts
1 Onion
3 Spring Onion
1 Chilli (red)
Tsp Chilli Flakes
1 red and green Pepper
Salt
1 wholemeal slice of bread
Garlic

Method
Cut the chicken breasts into strips. 
Whisk the bread, salt and some chilli flakes together in the blender to make breadcrumbs. Dip the Chick into the breadcrumbs and cook in the over for 20 mins on 180c.
Slice everything else up and cook in a wok until just cooked and add the chicken for a few more mins and stir up together.

Oven Chips
Cut up potatoes into thin chip pieces.
Dry with kitchen paper.
Lay on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper and spray with cooking oil and salt.
Cook in the oven until crispy, tossing once or twice through out the cooking time.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. I really hit the spot and was sooo filling. I even got a thumbs up from my too kids. 
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...