Wednesday 26 November 2014

Reindeer Footprint Canvas


I kids always give homemade gifts to my family.
We try to keep the cost of Christmas low. And if I was to leave them get something in the €2 shop, it would probably be a cheap piece of tat that will get thrown away.

I love marking a moment in time and a memory of my kids for my parents to look back on and have meaning to it.

When the kids were a little younger we made this canvas for my mother. She loves it so much that it stays out all year long on a shelf in her sitting room. Christmas Reindeer in July?? It works.

It's really easy to do. All you need are some willing kids, a canvas and some paint.
Paint their feet and make reindeer from their footprint. We used their thumbs to make the fairy lights and I used a sharpie to add the finer details.


What do your kids give to their Grand parents for christmas? Do you go down the home made route like we do?

Don't be shy! Let me know in the comments below. I'm always looking for new ideas.



2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this idea! May try it myself - if I can get the boys to stand still long enough to do a foot print haha!
    this year (after much moaning they don't have enough photo's of the boys) I'm getting a big photo frame with lots of little photos of the boys inside to go with their newly decorated living room! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...