Thursday 15 May 2014

Darkness into Light 2014


Last weekend I headed out at 2.30am with my sister and her boyfriend and nearly 80,000 others all around Ireland to run the Darkness into light 5k. This has become an annual event for me and one of my favourite runs.

Over the past number of year this event has grown into one of the biggest charity run and I couldn't be for a better cause. Pieta House does great work for people who are affected by suicide.


I unfortunately have known too many people who have taking their own lives and the destruction it has left behind. The work these people at Pieta House do is so important ans I'm so glad that I can help in this small way.

The run turned out to be a great run for me. I walked for about 1/4 of a mile because I got a stitch AGAIN. These stitched really are starting to become a problem. I also had a little twinge in my lower calf. I hurt tendons there before and decided it wasn't worth hurting myself. I ended up with a time of 42.34 as the run was 3.5 miles and I didn't get running properly for the first 3 or 4 minutes. I'm so happy with this and I found the run a lot easier too.

3am selfies!!

JVKom Chronicles


I linking up with Jen over at JVKom Chronicles for her #20X31 May Fitness Challenge.
I've been getting in my 20 minutes nearly every day. I'm also doing leg, abs, butt and arm workouts everyday. I'm done with starting over.

If you want to see what I'm up to everyday with my workouts and everyday ramblings be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram.
XO Caroline
FACEBOOK : PINTEREST : TWITTER : INSTAGRAM : BLOGLOVIN


3 comments:

  1. 80,000 people?! Wow, that is awesome. This run sounds amazing. Thanks so much for linking up again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's awesome, and for such a great cause! I need to look into 5K's in my area again to get myself back into running again. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job getting it in every day!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...