Wednesday 19 March 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!! {recipe}


So today is my 29th birthday.
And if your a Mom you probably know what I'm doing this evening...
Baking my birthday cake.
I didn't want a cake but Jasmin said it's not a birthday unless you have a cake.
I love to bake and I love this recipe so I wouldn't have it any other way.


It's light and fluffy and just the right amount of sweetness.
I love filling mine with freshly whipped cream and strawberry jam.
You could also put fresh fruit and cream in the layers.
You just can't go wrong with this.

RECIPE
5ozs of sugar
3 eggs, separated
3 floz of water
5ozs of flour
butter for greasing

180*C
15- 20 minutes

Separate the eggs.
Mix the sugar, egg yolks and water together in a mixer until thick and creamy.
When ready add the flour and mix well.
Beat the egg whites until white and fluffy.
Gently fold the egg whites into the mixture.
Grease and flour 2, 8 inch sponge tins.
Divide the mixture and put in a preheated over.
Once cooked, cool and fill with cream and jam.
Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy with a big cup of tea.


I use this recipe for all my cakes. 
Every birthday cake has been made using this, I just double or triple the quantity depending in the size of the tins.


Now I'm off to devour the whole cake.
It's my birthday after all.

Happy Hump Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...