Tuesday 25 March 2014

Banana Bread {recipe}


I hate wasting food. 
Most of our left overs go to the dog, so it not that bad.
But, my dog can't eat bananas.
They are the one food that gets thrown out all the time.
You see, I like my bananas slightly green. I hate it when there is the smallest spot on them. 
I WON'T eat them!!
So they get thrown out.

Hubs was at our friends house doing a job one day and came home raving about this banana bread/cake thing that he had there. 
Couldn't stop talking about it.
So I tracked down the recipe and this is my version of it.
It's more of a cake but I'm calling it bread so it sounds healthier.

*******
Banana Bread
100g butter
100g sugar
2 eggs
150g flour
2 small bananas

180*C
1h 10mins
Makes one loaf

Cream the sugar and butter until soft and creamy
Add the eggs and flour a bit at a time.
Blitz/mash the bananas and add to the mixture.
Put the mixture in a lined loaf tin.
Smooth the top and sprinkle with a little sugar.
Cover the top of the tin with brown paper to stop it browning too soon and burning.
(Learned my lesson there)
Bake.
*******

I'm going to try adding raisins or maybe chocolate chips to the next batch.
I might even make muffins for the kids to take to school.
Everything seems more appetizing when you think it's a treat.


I love mine warm but it's just as nice cold with a little butter.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
No more wasting spotty bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...