Friday 17 May 2013

Health and Fitness Friday.

It's my favourite post of the week again.
Linking up with Jen for Health and Fitness Friday.


Fitness

Friday was Beach Body Bootcamp day. I love this workout. It's pushes me the the edge of nearly giving up but I love it and I know that I can't. I'm having a little trouble with my tricep dips. I can't do them. Our trainer brings out this huge tractor tyre and I hate that thing. I've been known to give it a good kick when I'm finished my reps. It hurts me so bad to do them. And not like "I feel the burn" pain. It's more like" Stop putting us through the ring of hell" pain. I my need to do some stretching in that area.

Jen this is for you. I too have baled on the squat challenge. Same reasons as you. I need to keep my legs strong and fresh. I need to get more runs in. And I'm doing plenty of leg work in Beach Body Bootcamp.

In case any of you want to try it, this is the 30 day squat challenge.
Good Luck!!!


Saturday I headed to limerick for the Pieta House, Darkness into Light 5k. It was AMAZING. You can read all about that here. I ran it in 33 minutes which is a whole two minutes faster than my last race. New PR for me!! Woo hoo! Now to beat it. Ha! 


Monday I was back to Beach Body Bootcamp. I got to class earlier than normal or so I though but I turned out I was the only one there. No one else turned up. Just little old me and my army drill Sargent trainer. Turned out to be one of my best workouts. I had no where to hind. I had to give it 110%. I was still sore Wednesday.

The rest of the week sucked. Between Mother Nature forgetting to take her pills and giving me hailstone showers in May and my heating in my house being a pain in the ass, I got no run in. This has to change. NOW!!

Plan for the week
Friday : Beach Body Bootcamp 
Saturday : Run
Sunday : Cycle
Monday : Beach Body Bootcamp
Tuesday : Run
Wednesday : Cycle 
Thursday : 

Health

I started cutting out sugar in my diet and I'm weaning myself off bit by bit. Let me tell you it's not pretty. I'm pretty sure I'm acting like a crack head looking for her fix. Not a great comparison but that's how it feels. I made a new cake this week. It's a Gluten-free,Wheat-free,Yeast-free,Dairy free Dark chocolate and buttercream cake. I made it for my cousin for her 30th birthday. She loved it and it didn't taste all that bad either.

That's it for me this week.

Happy Friday peeps!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for a PR this week!!!!!! Isn't that the best feeling?? And I want to cut out sugar SO BADLY but I just haven't committed yet! I know it's going to be ugly for me too girl. A crack head looking for her fix...Ha! Hope you have a great week honey! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...