Friday 3 May 2013

Health and Fitness Friday!



It's my favourite post of the week again.
Linking up with Jen for Health and Fitness Friday.



Fitness

Monday, I got back into the swing of things and headed to Beach Body Bootcamp. I thought it was going to be tough seeing that I was out for a month. I started out great. Nearly 2 circuits of 8 stations done and I was still standing. Started the 3rd circuit and the burn really started to hit. I didn't think I was going to finish. I was sure I was going to have to run to the bathroom and throw up but I held my sh#t together and finished strong. 

I also started the 30 day squat challenge on Monday. It's going to be tough but I excited to see the results. I'm going to take measurements and tell you guys if it really worth it. Not sure if I'm ever going to be able to do 250 squats but only time will tell. Any of you fitness girls wanna join me? We can keep an eye on each other through Twitter.


Wednesday, I went for a cycle. Now the last time I was on a bike was about 12 years ago. I didn't even know if I could ride a bike anymore. I wanted to change up my workout routine. Did I mention that the last time I rode a bike there was no such thing as having to wear a helmet. I thought I looked like a hot mess but I'm glad I wore it cos I very nearly fell off the bike when I met the first car on the road. Ha! I clocked up 7k and it felt good.

Thursday was my rest day and I sure needed it. I am having a real hard time sleeping at night .Any tips for getting a good nights sleep?

Today, I'm heading back to Beach Body Bootcamp. I just hope I won't need the sick bucket.Ha!

Plan for the week
Friday : Beach Body Bootcamp + squats
Saturday : Couch to 5k training + squats
Sunday :  Hike + squats
Monday :  Beach Body Bootcamp 
Tuesday : Squats
Wednesday : Cycle + squats
Thursday : Squats

Health
My health is back on track again. I'm finally over the flu and I starting to feel better again. My diet isn't great. In fact it kinda sucks. I'm eating was too must sugar in my food. I'm going to have to find a way of cutting it out of my diet without sending myself into a sugar crashing spiral. It would not be pretty. Trust me.

My dinners are good though. My portions are better and I'm eating more veggies. Need to up my water intake. I have this feeling all these headaches I'm getting could be down to lack of water. 

Any who that's it for me this week. 
Oh!
A question for all you amazing runners who link up.
What is you favourite running shoe and why?
I'm in need of a new pair and have no clue where to start. Any feedback would be great.

Happy Friday peeps!!



2 comments:

  1. Hello! Stopping by from Health and Fitness Friday! I have done the squat challenge in the past and you will be amazed at how 250 doesn't seem like much once you get to the end! I have been riding my bike more and more this past week and I love it as another type of workout as opposed to just running or cardio. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in for the squat challenge!! I need to work on that area of my bod for sure :) And what a great week of workouts!!! Damn girl...I feel SO lazy now. Hahaha! I wish I had some sleep tips for you but I am terrible in that department too!!! Thanks for linking up as always sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...