Friday 31 May 2013

Health and Fitness Friday : Goals for June








It's that time of the week again. Health and Fitness Friday with Jen.

Tomorrow is June 1st. We're nearly half way through this year and I'm no where near where I wanted to be in terms of fitness. I blame life, kids, the weather and lets be honest, MYSELF. I need to get out and run more. I need to just GO! But to do that I need an end goal to try beat. I'm gonna follow in Jen's footsteps and set my self some June goals.

June Goals
1. Run at least 30 miles
2. Workout 5 days a week.
3. Keep my sugar intake down
4. Sign up for another race.
5. Run a practice 10k

Fitness
I did pk this week fitness wish. I ran more again. I ran 3 days this week. The weather was amazing and that helped so much. I got tested to see what kind of running shoe best suited me. I didn't think it was going to make much of a difference when I was running... But OMG, it made such a difference. It was lie I was running on air. My sister said I looked like I was bouncing off the ground. For the first time in a long time running just happened. No effort. No trying. I just ran. It felt amazing. Seriously, go get the test done. It does make a huge difference.

I'm trying to do more workouts at home. I was going to try the 300 challenge but I really don't have the time to do that. So I giving this a go. It looks doable and I know what all the moves are.


I'm also looking for a good arm workout.  This arm workout is just 10 minutes and all you need is a dumbbell. 10 minute workouts are what i'm all about. And I can team it with my ad workout and be done for the day.


I have so many fitness workouts and fitness things pinned on my Health and Fitness board. I would love to follow your if you have one. Leave a link in the comments and I'll follow you. Get fitness inspiration together.

And after reading Jen's post this morning I'm adding this great new stretch routine for after runs. I can't find the actual source, but I have pinned it to my Health and Fitness board. I needed this so bad and I'm glad she found it.


Health
I'm not sure if I told you guy about this but I suffer with pain in my joints and bones alot. It was never really a problem. Just a little pain in the background and I was able to work through it. But recently it's been getting worse. My wrists hurt when I cycle. My knees hurt when I run. Just pain in my joints. I've even had to take pain killers just so I could sleep. I went to the doctor to see if I could get blood tests done to see if there was anything going on. There is arthritis in my family and I didn't want to let it go too long if I had it. But thankfully all my bloods came back clear. I'm just one of those people who get aches and pains.

I have a birthday party today and it's a bank holiday weekend too so I'm not sure how good my diet is going to be. Oops!!
hat's it for me this week.

Happy Friday Peeps!!



3 comments:

  1. Have you tried yoga? I hear it's good for strenghthening joints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoga is SO GOOD for strengthening joints!! And so is a lot of stretching, from what I've been told. You have really been killing it with the workouts and running girlfriend!! And I am heading over to follow your Pinterest board now. Sorry my comment is so late, but thanks for linking up as always honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your tips about health and fitness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...