Monday 25 February 2013

Clean it Challenge


I am linking up for Dog days link up again this week over at I love you more than Carrots
This week were taking Cleaning.


I did a great job the weekend cleaning the top of my cooker. Took some great before and after photos and then my camera died. Totally dead. :(

So I had to come up with something else.
I decided to put together a post that contains some of the pins I have found that actually worked for me.

There is an old woman that live in my town and she swears by vinegar and baking soda. She uses nothing else. She might be on to something there.

Baking Soda as Drain Unclogger


To get your drain running again (without resorting to chemicals worthy of a hazmat suit) pour ½ cup soda, then ½ cup vinegar, down a clogged drain. Cover it with a wet cloth, wait 5 minutes, uncover, and flush with steaming-hot water.

Cotton Swab as Computer Detailer


With the machine turned off, disconnect the keyboard and trace between the keys with a cotton swab lightly dipped in isopropyl alcohol. If your mouse is the kind that rolls on a ball, unscrew the bottom and go over the ball and the interior with a cotton swab, too.

Salt as Egg Cleanup


Sop up a spilled egg by sprinkling salt over the mess. Wait two minutes and wipe it up.

You can see more of the tips I found in this pin Here.

Make Whites, white again using Vinegar.
I've been doing this for years.
Add 1 cup white vinegar to 2 1/2 pints tap water in a large pot. Bring the solution to a boil, then pour it into a bucket and drop in your stained socks, (uniforms, etc.). Let them soak overnight, then the next day wash them as you normally would.

Clean your Mattress 
Pour about 1 cup of baking soda into a mason jar and drop in 4 drops of lavender essential oil. Put on lid and shake jar. Using a kitchen strainer sprinkle the baking soda mixture all over the mattress and let it sit for an hour or more. Thoroughly vacuum the mattress. Bye, bye dust mites and other nasty things. The baking soda helps draw up any moisture and deep dirtiness. It deodorizes and leaves the mattress smelling fresh and clean.

Remove watermarks from wooden furniture.
Cover the mark with Mayo and leave for 20 minutes. Wipe off. Done!!

Windows


Clean your windows with warm water, 1/2 cup vinegar and a squirt of fairy liquid (dawn). Shine them with old newspaper.

Glass Cooker top

This is the pin that I used to get my Cooker top clean.


All you need:
Bowl & Hot Soapy Water
Baking Soda
A Cleaning Rag
Gloves 

Soak you cleaning rag in the warm water.
Heavily sprinkle the baking soda on the cooker top. 
Ring half of the water out you rag.
Put it on the baking powder and leave in for 15 minutes. 
(I left it for longer. My cooker was bad.)

Once the time is up, swirl the rag around in circles, using the baking soda paste as a gentle scrub. 
I did this twice and the result was amazing. 
Use vinegar to clean it off after. 

I hope you find these cleaning tip useful. I know I did.

I'm also linking up with AP for Hey, That's Pin-tastic.


Happy Monday Everyone! 



1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. I am fast joining the ranks of those who use vinegar, I think it works wonders.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...