Thursday 24 January 2013

Top teething tips.


We're in full teething mode in my house right now. 
Little man is nearly 13 months and we still have only 3 teeth.
That's right people, 3 teeth!
For the most part he's pretty cool about it but when it goes bad, it's bad.

I have tried everything I can think of to help him from the traditional stuff to the wacky internet stuff I found.

I decided to put a list together to help other Mom's who might be in the need for some Teething tips.
Bonjela gel.
 It really is fantastic stuff. Numbs the gums nearly straight away. Only problem is you can't give it all the time. Every 3 hours. So what do you do when it wears off. You should have this in the house if you have kids. No question about it.

Calpol.
Again no mother should be without this stuff. Fantastic for everything.

Frozen Food.
Some examples of foods you could use are whole frozen green beans, frozen fruit slices, and ice cubes made of juice and then placed in a mesh feeder. We have tried the juice ice cubes, and he loved them! I have also tried frozen ketchup sachets. They are great to use as mini ice packs and he loved chewing on them.

Here are a few more things that I have yet to try but might have to try them soon.

A cold wash cloth.
Wet a face cloth and stick it in the fridge. Give it to the baby and let him go for it.
It's meant to sooth the gums and catch all that teething drool. Bonus!!

 Cold celery sticks.
     Apparently celery is a natural pain killer. I may have to 
     research this a bit. I don't like celery but if it helps him, I'll try it.

Tommee Tippee Baby Teethers.
      Tommee Tippee Baby Teethers  come in a variety of different styles for every stage of teething. While some are meant for beginning teethers, others are specifically designed for the later stages of the teething process. I have not tried these but they look like they would be very helpful.

The other thing I'm interested in trying is these Amber teething Necklaces. A Mom at school told me about these. Might have to try it if things get really rough.

Amber teething jewelry.
These necklaces offer a natural, drug- free alternative to soothing teething tots. Besides that, they are beautiful, lightweight, and have a lot of other homeopathic benefits.



Kidsme Food Feeder




AP over at I love you more than carrots found these amazing things the other day on amazon. There a new and improved version of the mesh feeder. All the convince of a mesh feeder without the trouble it is to clean. Follow this link over to her blog to read all about it.


That's it. Wish me luck in my battle with the teeth. 

Til next time.


1 comment:

  1. great post! mac is 7 months and still no sign of teeth yet! my first had his first teeth around six months- we're patiently waiting! well, mac isn't patient! i need to try some of the things on your list! i love the idea of the juice ice cubes! having never used a teething necklace with my first, i really do think it's helping maclane! he's been wearing his for a little over 2 weeks now and i definitely notice a difference when he's not wearing it! good luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...