Monday 17 September 2012

Show and Tell Monday : High School


Linking up with the ever so cute Becky and her growing bump this week for Show and tell Monday.
Go check her out.

1. Tell us what kind of student you were in high school {popular, nerd, sport obsessed, choir, etc}
I was a sports girl. I did track and field and palyed basketball for 3 years and was on the equestrian team which  was started up by me and our sports teacher. Loved keeping fit back then.Wish I had more time to do it know. I was also on the decorating committee for our school dance (debs). Back then it was a way to get out of class but now I know it because I LOVE crafting.

2. Share with us some high school pictures. We know you have them somewhere.
I searched high and low for some pictures and the only one I could find was a group one of my debs class. Debs are like the senior prom in the states. It the final big party before we finish school.
Cant believe this was taken 10 years ago.

3. Tell us about your school. Private? Public? How many in graduating class? Mascots? School colors?
It was a public, catholic all girls school. We had nuns and all. Things are a lot different here in Ireland and I know that this is going to be read by some people in the states so let me explain. We didn't do school teams that much. I mean we had a basketball team and football team but no cheerleaders and games were never a big deal. We wore a horrible navy pinafore and the nuns were very strict about proper dress code. The school is gone now (thank god) and there is one big mixed community collage

4. Tell us about some of your favorite memories of high school. Or what stands out the most? Any teachers? Specific classes?
I loved phys ed. Didn't involve books and I loved sports. Never liked english. I speak it everyday and I speak a lot but ask me to put it on paper and I just couldn't. And you might be wondering how I can blog... well it's because I type what I think. But I'm pretty sure the if my English teacher had to mark what I'm writing now, I'd fail.

5. Tell us a piece of advice you would pass on to your children or any child entering high school.
Not to worry about fitting in. You will find you groove and you will be ok. I wasn't the most popular in school but I talked to everyone and because I did that I always had someone to sit with and talk to. Make friends with someone who might be struggling. You never know what they might be going through. Don't be mean with your words, they can hurt more then and anything. Be brave, try new things, stand up for yourself.

Happy Monday everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...